There are two types of mechanical watches, one is automatic winding mechanical watch and the other is manual winding mechanical watch.
Both of them need to be wound when they want to go normally, but as long as the automatic mechanical watch is worn and maintains a certain amount of wrist activity and wearing time, it will automatically wind. Manual mechanical watches need to manually twist their heads at regular intervals.
When using a mechanical watch, if you don’t wear it for a long time, you should manually wind it at least once a month to let the movement work to prevent the lubricating oil inside the movement from drying up. For a self-winding mechanical watch, you can buy a shaker to put it in. The watch will wind up automatically after the shaker is started.
If you wear an automatic mechanical watch and don't move your wrist, you can manually wind it first and let the watch go first, and then it will automatically wind when worn normally.
There are many things to pay attention to in daily use of mechanical watches.
1. It is best to avoid bumps and beatings. The movement of a mechanical watch is very precise, and severe vibration will not only damage the appearance, but also dislocation and damage the movement parts. After being subjected to severe vibration, it needs to be sent for inspection in time regardless of whether the appearance is damaged.
2. Avoid magnetization of the watch. Magnetization of the mechanical watch will cause a large error or even stop when the watch is running. Avoid using the watch near devices that may generate strong magnetic fields, such as refrigerator doors, TV sets, headphones, magnets, etc. After being magnetized, you only need to go to the watch shop to demagnetize with professional equipment and adjust the time to return to normal.
3. Avoid contact with cleaning agents, chemicals, cosmetics and other items containing chemical substances. Chemical substances can corrode the appearance of the watch and damage the waterproof gasket. If it comes in contact, rinse it with water or wipe it with a damp cloth, and then wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
4. The waterproof of the watch is graded. The 30/50 meter waterproof can only prevent rain and water droplets splashing on the watch. 100/200 meters can swim in shallow water, 300 meters and above can wear diving. However, the waterproofness of the watch is not eternal. The waterproof gaskets that ensure the waterproof performance will gradually age over time. It is recommended to do a waterproof test every year. The watch should be repaired in time if water enters to avoid serious corrosion of the movement.
5. Avoid using the watch in environments with large temperature differences (such as bathing, sauna), and also avoid using it in extreme temperature environments (below 0°C and above 60°C).
6. Clean the watch regularly. The watch is usually stained with dirt. Sweat on the wrist will corrode the appearance of the watch and the waterproof gasket. It can be wiped with a slightly damp soft cloth, and then wiped dry with a dry cloth.
7. Watches with calendar and other functions should avoid adjusting the time and date of the watch between 9 pm and 3 am. The calendar device of the watch is running during this time period, and adjustment will damage the calendar device.
8. Mechanical watches need regular maintenance. It is recommended to maintain them every 3-5 years. Because the movement of a mechanical watch is more complicated, the internal functional components need to be operated hundreds of thousands of times a day. Relying on the trace amount of lubricating oil inside the movement to reduce friction, the lubricating oil will gradually dry up and evaporate over time, forming oil stains. Increase the degree of wear and tear of the movement. It will cause abnormal operation of the movement or even damage to the parts. So it needs regular oil washing and maintenance.
Post a Comment